Foal Training - Uh-Oh

Posted
Rating:
#1 (In Topic #742)
Standard member
LainieKay is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’
I use trainers on my horses since I don't have much time to actually train by hand. I know since the reset that actual discipline training the horses register as Not Introduced but they level up.

Has anyone noticed this with foal training? Specifically over the last couple of days?

I'll be submitting a ticket for it but I really hope this doesn't mean I have to start doing more training by hand. :|
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
tinkerboomer is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’
I have 1 foal on Trainer and the rest I am hand training. Trainers seem to be working okay with Foal and Green training. The foal on Trainer is currently at Average level. Discipline training I don't really know.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
It seems to have been remedied. I think maybe just a glitch.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
KatieLFay is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
Has anyone else experienced the extreme slowness that horses are progressing in their training?

It seems excessive for a horse to require 2 or more whole game months just to progress from one level to the next (say from poor to fair) for a single exercise.

Before the gremlins got into the game, I don't recall it taking so long to advance from one level to the next, especially when hand training. When hand training, I could expect 2 or 3 exercises to progress, at least it seemed to go a whole lot faster than now. :'(

I am getting so discouraged

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
I noticed the same thing…my training is still glitchy. My game days won't reset from 0 so I can't hand train any horses right now. Some of my trainers work….some don't. I've had this happen before so I took all my horses off trainers and exercise attendants to try and reset them. It's kind of frustrating. Wish me luck.

When I hand train it takes what feels like an eternity to see progression, but I might just be impatient.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
KatieLFay is in the usergroup ‘Regular’
Hi LainieKay,

Have you had success with trainers in Discipline training, or just foal and green?

I find I have to at least hand train each exercise at least once (get past the "not introduced") and then foal and green training seems to work, although slower than before the gremlins.

If you've had a horse on a trainer of any type, you have to fire that trainer, then wait until the game rolls over to the next game month before you can hand work that horse. That has always been the case.

I hear you on the discipline training progression (or lack there of), and I don't think you are being impatient. I am right there with you  :'(  

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Cheri is in the usergroup ‘Local’
I use Trainers for my horses (just don't get a chance to log in to train every day) and I have not noticed an issue with Foal or Green for the "Not Introduced" lag that exists in Discipline. Does that lag exist for the Hand Trainers in Discipline or is it just the Trainers? I am so out of the loop on some of this stuff any more!

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Lainie_Kay25 is in the usergroup ‘Newbie’
I'm starting to suspect I have too many horses on trainers. I was busy moving last week so I took all my horses off trainers, which gave time for the game days to roll over and whatnot.

With horses that were progressing with discipline training last night, most got trained….some didn't.

My exercise attendants seem to be working fine.

None of my horses that were on trainers for foal and green training progressed. This includes horses started by hand.

Very frustrating.

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Cheri is in the usergroup ‘Local’
You have 30 days for Trainers/Grooms/Exercisers to work. That means 30 horses can be worked for a Game Month. If you had more than 30 horses assigned to hands some won't get worked.
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.